The difference, however, with this mojito is that is has tequila instead of rum and watermelon. Nothing looks, tastes, or smells as much like summer as watermelon does.
No special equipment is necessary, no bartender skills either. All you need is a good tequila and your best company to get into summer groove.
For 6-8 cocktails
- about 4-5 cups fresh watermelon, seedless, cubed (better to have it chilled)
- 30-35 mint leaves + a few for decoration
- 12 fl oz (350ml) silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- freshly squeezed juice from 8-10 limes
- 4 fl oz (120ml) club soda
- 20-25 ice cubes (or as desired)
- 6-8 watermelon pieces/slices for decoration
- Place all ingredients, including the ice, in a blender or food processor and combine them really well.
- Transfer in a large jug and decorate with mint leaves.
- Tip: if you want to give your mojito an extra kick, combine one or two jalapeno peppers with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve into chilled (or better yet, frozen) lowball glasses and decorate with a piece/slice of watermelon.
- Move all your guests out in the garden or balcony.
- Put your favorite music on and … dance!
[quote_center]Always drink sensibly![/quote_center]